Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using the Rural Solutions Portal (the “Portal”), you (the "User")acknowledge, accept and agree to comply with the entirety of the following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"):
- IFAD maintains the Platform as a courtesyto the Users and any other individual/entity visiting or using the website and exclusively for informative purposes.The inclusion of a Solution in the Portal or link, referral, references or information to any third party shall not be construed as IFAD's express or implied endorsement or preferential treatment.
- The use of the Portal is at the User’s sole risk. Any information and material in connection with the Solutions and the Portal are provided “as is”. IFAD does not guarantee the non-infringement of copyrights, merchantability, accuracy, completeness, fit-for-purpose, quality, content, functionality or any feature of any of the Solutions.
- IFAD shall not be liable for the conduct of any User or Solution either in or outside of the context of the Portal.
- The Portal may contain links, referrals, references and information to third-party websites. The third-party websites are not under the control of IFAD. IFAD shall not be responsible for the functionality, content and risks associates with the use of any link or website.
- IFAD reserves the exclusive right in its sole discretion to temporarily or permanently alter, limit or discontinue the Portal and any content therein in any respectfor any reason and without providing any prior notice.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise by IFAD, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Solutions in the Portal are those of the originators of the work and do not necessarily represent the views of IFAD, its Executive Board or the members it represents, including onthe legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
- Any use of the Portal shall be accompanied by an acknowledgement of IFAD as the source, citing the uniform resource locator (URL) of the Portal. The user shall obtain IFAD's prior authorization in writing for the reproduction or translation of substantial portions of the Portal, or other use other than for educational or non-commercial purposes, requires IFAD's explicit, prior authorization in writing.
- The User explicitly acknowledges and accepts not having any expectation of privacy when accessing and using the Portal. The User agrees that IFAD may obtain, use, monitor, examineand reproduce any information provided by the User when using or accessing the Portal, including but not limited to assuring the User's compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
- The User shall not conduct any actions that knows, or should reasonably know that may be construed as misuse, which includes but is not limited to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; or
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- IFAD may require the User to register and/or create a User account to access or use some functionalitieson the Portal, in which case:
- The User shall be responsible for all activities conducted under their User account.
- The User shallnever use another User's account without permission.
- By registering, creating or using an account, the User represents and warrants that (i) the User is of legal age or possesses legal parental or guardian consent and is fully able and competent to abide by and comply with these Terms and Conditions; and (ii) if the User represents a legal entity, the User has authority to bind such legal entity to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The User shall be responsible for conducting all necessary efforts for keeping the password and other relevant login information confidential. The User shall immediately inform IFAD if, at any point, the User considers that their password and/or login information has been compromised and/or is being misused. The User shall immediately carry out IFAD's instructions to prevent, mitigate or haltthe misuse of the information.
- The User acknowledges and accepts that messages and other communications by non-IFAD Users are not endorsed by IFAD, and that such communications shall not be considered to having been reviewed, screened or approved by IFAD.
- To the extent that the Portal facilitates communication between two or more Users, the User shall use the messaging toolsexclusively to send and receive messages and materials that are appropriate and solely related to the Portal.
- IFAD reserves the right to deny, suspend or terminate in its sole discretion any User access to this Platform or any portion thereof and to suspend, revoke or stop providing User accounts for any reason and without notice.
- IFAD’s name, emblem and abbreviation (the “IFAD Marks”) are the exclusive property of IFAD and are protected under international law. Unauthorized use of the IFAD Marks is prohibited. The IFAD Marks shall not be reproduced or used in any manner without IFAD’s prior written permission.
- Any exception or wavier by IFAD of any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives.
- Under no circumstances shall IFAD or its staff be held liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Platform, including but not limited to, any fault, error, inaccuracy, omission, interruption, delay, copyright infringement, defect, computer virus or communication line failure with respect thereto, regardless of cause.
- Under no circumstances shall IFAD or its staff be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages.
- The User shall indemnify and defend IFAD from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that result from the User’s use of the Platform. If the User is dissatisfied with any Portal, any of its content, or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver, express or implied, of any of the privileges or immunities IFAD is entitled to the Agreement Establishing IFAD, or under national or international law.
- The Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute arising therefrom shall be exclusively governed by international principles of international law, to the exclusion of any single national system of law.
- IFAD reserves the right to amend or supersede the Terms and Conditions for any reason and without notice by posting the amendments and/or new version on the Portal's website.